PJ Care Ltd is a leading provider of specialist neurological care and neuro rehabilitation for people with progressive or acquired neurological conditions. We specialise in the care and treatment of adults and our residents are at the heart of everything we do. Dignity, independence and holistic wellbeing is achieved through specialist care models, in-house therapies and activities provided.
We are currently looking for 2 General Managers to take leadership of our Neurological Care Units based in Milton Keynes. One position will be based at Mallard House and one at our Bluebirds Centre.
AIMS OF POSITION
- To be responsible for the operation of the unit, taking full ownership and accountability for all aspects of the specialist progressive neurological care provision on the Unit.
- To ensure the care of all residents on the unit meets the standards and requirements of the Company and to provide leadership in all aspects of nursing care according to the codes of the NMC.
- To be responsible for the day to day Clinical Governance and Risk Management of the Unit.
- To have immediate line management responsibility for all Registered Nurses and to manage all clinical staff ensuring the staffing notice is met on all shifts through the production of 4 weekly shift rosters.
- Have responsibility for the 24-hour clinical care of all residents at the unit.
- To participate as a full member of the nursing team in the assessing, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual care plans including other relevant agencies as appropriate.
- Line manage all clinical staff and liaise with the allied professionals ensuring professional lines of accountability and priorities are met and that all policies and procedures are strictly adhered to. Ensure clear communication with all other company departments and staff.
- Manage department budgets reporting overspends and corrective actions as required.
- Manage all stocks and stores.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably requested by management or mutually determined from time to time.
- Registered Nurse (Degree Qualification).
- At least 2 years experience within a relevant resident group.
- At least 3 years of successful team management experience.
- Extensive experience of meeting targets and managing budgets.
- Knowledge of regulatory bodies requirements, eg CQC.
Full Time (40 hours) 08:00 - 17:00 plus on call duties.
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
We are a business who believe in growth and development and are committed to investing in our people.
As well as a competitive salary, we also offer a range of excellent benefits including an excellent pension scheme, employee assistance programme, retail discounts, subsidised meals, free parking, childcare vouchers and free uniforms.